Quaker stuff for children, young people and their parents. Including events, in London and a bit beyond, and links to other websites. If you want to add your own Quaker event or anything else, please contact us.
London Quakers 11-18
By Young Friends
Useful Under 19s Sites
For Young People
- Global Gang
- Christian Aid site for ‘children who are doing their bit to make the world a better place’. Includes news, games, free ezine and ideas to help make things change.
A Bit Older?
- Young Friends' General Meeting
- Are you 18 to 30? Try Young Friends General Meeting, the national organisation for Young Quakers in Britain. YFGM organises a number of events that enable young Friends from around Britain to get together for social and spiritual gatherings.
- Quaker Schools in England
- Each of the seven Quaker Schools in Britain is different, but they all share a common approach to education based on Quaker beliefs.
- Leap is a London-based charity with Quaker roots working UK-wide, helping young people to find possible solutions to the issues they face.
- The Leaveners
- The Quaker performing arts organisation in Britain. Though Birmingham based, they do events in, or near London and offer youth workshops which you can book.
Resource Materials and Training for Work with Under 19s
- Core Skills for Churches
- A new training scheme seeks to resource all those who work with children in the church, and provides part of the foundational training for children's leaders in the Methodist Church and United Reformed Church. The material is creative and interactive, making it highly accessible as one-off two-hour training programmes for children's leaders within the local church.
- Journeys in the Spirit
- A new publication produced by Friends House. There are two editions, one for working with children, published monthly, the other to support work with young people that is published termly. They would like people to subscribe, so please do! Back numbers can be found on the web. Includes activities for working in Children’s Meetings.
- Roots on the Web
- UK Ecumenical resource. 'Draws on Christian tradition, while also seeking to reflect the diversity in our Society.' Quite liberal.
- Seasons of the Spirit
- Lectionary based religious education resource. A big resource. Mostly Christian-based. Has new ideas every week.
- Working with Children and young people
- Information page on the Britain Yearly Meeting site.
- Provides factsheets and articles on all the key issues facing young people including: sex and relationships; drinking and drugs; work and study; housing, legal and finances; and health and wellbeing. Aimed at 16-24 year-olds.
- If you're wanting to talk through an issue you are facing with a person - this site will help you find the agencies in the area that can help you.